Windows 7 Start Orb Changer is a freeware from door2windows that allows you to change your start orb/button with just one click in Windows 7.
• Allows you to change the orb in four different ways:
§ Context Menu
§ Drag & Drop
§ Change Button
§ Command Line (Syntax only contains orb location)
• Works with all DPIs (If the orb is too big or too small it will automatically resize it)
• Works with both x86/32-bit and x64/64-bit
• Works with both PNG and BMP file formats
• Can integrate with desktop context menu
• Can integrate with PNG and BMP file formats’ context menu
• Allows you to change the orb in two different methods:
§ Memory Patching – Edits the start orb in memory which doesn’t cause any UAC prompts
§ Resource Editing – Edits the start orb by replacing resources of %windir%explorer.exe
• Easy to use & simple interface
• Two modes for normal and advanced users
• First & ultimate Windows 7 start orb changer available on the internet
How to use windows 7 start orb changer to change your start orb logo :
1. Close all your apps.
3. Click Change.
4. Select the start orb and click Open. You can get some orbs or logo from here
5. The Windows Explorer will now restart automatically and you will be able to see the new start orb/button which you chose. Click OK.
To restore the original start orb click Restore. You can expand the advanced settings by clicking the arrow at the bottom right corner of the window:
Checking the Add Option In Context Menu option will add an Set As Start Orb option in the context menu of all PNG and BMP
To create your own start orb by editing any of the picture in the mega pack you downloaded the pictures should be in PNG and BMP Format and don’t change the “Height and Weight” while editing.
Credit goes to Jeff Bush for the memory patch and resource updater, famfamfam for the icons.
Download Windows 7 Orb Changer here