Part 2 begins…….
The solution I came up with is very simple and straight forward your requirements are thus:
– Internet connection to download the files needed.
– Virtual box: this is where the downloaded Android devices OS will be mounted.(can also run the mounted Android virtual device alone but as said in Part 1= “vvvvvvvery slowwwwwww”
– And GenyMotion software: this is the main software that interprets your virtual android device (faster) and bug free (to a certain degree)
– SDK manager: it presence is needed to be felt by the other two softwares above.
Follow the following steps below:
1. Download Sdk manager full package
2. Download Virtualbox latest at present 4.3.2… is the latest around approx (105 MB) after downloading, install this software. (*restart your system after you have installed the virtual box*) this is to avoid stories a touch lolzzzzzzzzzz
3. Now after your system come up goto www.genymotion.com and register there then you would have access to download the virtual device file. I could have just share the file here but you still have to register with them. and your credentials will be needed to download AVD (android virtual device). Just goto Genymotion website,sign up, sign in and download the file that does not need virtual box around (19MB) for your OS type either windows, linux, ubuntu etc… since you already install Virtualbox.
4. Install Genymotion and you are half way to using BBM on PC.
5. After installing Genymotion check launch box after installing. By doing this Genymotion will start by itself and if it does not initiate it by clicking thee icon on your desktop.
6. After it launches, click on “Add devices”
7. A pop-up box will prompt you to fill your credentials (username and password) then you login and you select the device you want. When I did mine, I picked (Galaxy Nexus-4.1.1-with Google Apps-API – 16 -720 x1280) and I waited for it to download it was around (205 MB).
8. The result of the download is below.
9. NOW, highlight your Virtual Galaxy Nexus-4.1.1-with Google Apps-API – 16 -720 x1280 and click Play. You should get the below screen shot. (genymotion 6)
10. If you are lucky to get to the above screen, Congratulations……. Stay connected for Part 3 of this post.
Please share this post from part 1 to 3 do not be selfish.
Note:Do not copy this tutorial without linking back to this site www.informationspot.info