May be due to ignorance or intentionally, you may brick your lovely Blackberry Smartphone i.e you may damage its operating system beyond usable limits (am talking about software problem here not hardware) .In such situations a factory reset or full flashing may be inevitable. You should however note that it is not all problems that warrant flashing of the blackberry phone in fact in the event of minor problems like hanging, freezing just remove your blackberry battery and put it back(Soft reset) you should be okay.
However if your problems with your blackberry phone goes beyond the above mention, then Follow the steps below to get your blackberry phone back to live:
Firstly you will need to install the blackberry desktop manager (we all know this), it comes in a CD when u purchase you BB phone but can easily be downloaded. Additional software to download would be BBSAK from HERE, it is used to back up BB applications and restore them among other functions. Lastly you’ll need to download the version of the OS you want to install. a simple way of getting this is by visiting blackberryrocks and trace a suitable OS from there.
Now that we have all this we can begin
- Connect your phone via USB
- Backup all important contents with the blackberry desktop manager by clicking device>restore
- Back up all 3rd party applications using BBsak by selecting the backup app option
- Install the OS on your windows computer like any other normal software, when done go to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesResearch In MotionAppLoader look for a file “vedor.xml” and delete it
- Remove the battery den plug the phone via USB to the computer go to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesResearch In MotionAppLoader and click on the application “apploader.exe”
- After it has detecting your PIN click next/continue select all the components of the OS you want and click next/continue
- The installation will begin be careful not to disconnect the phone while it is installing
- When it gets to the part of “trying to reconnect to JVM” insert the battery back into the phone
- Once the installation is completed use the same process to restore your applications back to the phone and also to restore the backed up data from the blackberry desktop manager
- Now even though many problems can be solved in the BB world by a simple hard reset , this is process is will take care of problems that defy hard restore, it should be stressed that this should only be used as a last resort though. and also backed up applications should only be restored to phones with the same model. because i noticed it made the phones to hang a lot if you restore in a different model
Any problems with your BB phone can also be posted here and i’ll attend to it, and if you know the solution to a BB problem you can also assist by sharing.
FOLLOW THE ABOVE STEPS WELL FOR GOOD RESULT….